Date                                       Event
November 1, 1875 Rio Grande College Board of Trustees is organized and Articles of Incorporation are adapted, with an affiliation with the Freewill Baptists of Ohio.
September 13-14, 1876 The first class registration is held on the 13th and classes begin on the 14th.
March 9, 1885 Permelia Atwood dies, leaving all assets from her estate to Rio Grande College.
1917 The campus Boarding Hall, one of the two original buildings, burns.
1926 Anniversary Hall is constructed to celebrate the College’s first 50 years.
November 19, 1937 Atwood Hall, a signature building in Rio Grande’s history, burns.
May 1, 1952 Baptist affiliation terminated and Rio Grande becomes an independent college.
February 2, 1954 Bevo Francis scores 113 points against Hillsdale College, establishing a collegiate record that stands today as the national record (NCAA) for a single game.
March, 1969 Rio Grande College received accreditation from the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
September, 1974 Rio Grande Community College classes officially begin
1979 Davis Career Center
1981 John W. Berry Fine & Performing Arts Center
1982 Rhodes Student Center
1984 Math-Science Center
1988 Wood Hall
September, 1989 Rio Grande is renamed the University of Rio Grande
1991 New Residence Hall; Davis Library expanded.
1992 Esther Allen Greer Museum; Child Development Center.
1993 Student Center Annex (dining room and conference rooms); Lyne Center doubled in size
1994 New President’s Home
1995 Fine Arts Annex Studio
1996 McKenzie Hall
1996 Madog Center established (the first Welsh Studies Center in North America)
1997 Major fundraising campaign completed (over $9.2 million raised)
1998 Meigs Center opens
1999 Stockmeister Track and Field Complex completed on land donated by Bob Evans Farms, Inc.
2000 2.029 acres adjoining Route 588 deeded to URG from Bob Evans Farms, Inc., allowing for construction of a new campus entrance.
2000 Fine Woodworking Building
2001 Bob Evans Farms Hall (School of Business Building)
2001 Conversion to Semesters in Fall, 2001.  General Education requirements are implemented.
2001 Endowment exceeds $22 million
2002 Lighting the Way Campaign for $21 million begins.
2003 Largest headcount enrollment in the school’s history (2607 – Fall Quarter)
2005 Bunce School of Education named
2005 Kidd Math & Science Center named
2005 Davis University Center named
2006 Jenkins Student Center for Success
2007 Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program accredited
2007 Davis University Center is expanded
2008 Rio’s first MBA is approved
2009 Legislature authorized one president for both institutions